PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EagleJet in this market? Really?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2024, 18:35
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is very old information that was gleaned by me now more than 15 years ago so will be well outdated but as there seems to be a lack of info regards Eagle Jet p2f.

I spent virtually a full day at a conference and got talking to a young FO who had contracted to do 500 hours, Eagle Jet . 737 with Royal Air Maroc, based in Casablanca. The 500 hours were expected to be completed within 9 months. In fact he said was just under two years he spent there and he never did complete the 500 hours. He was approached by outfit Belgium Fly4U. Govt a short term contract and hours up to 1000. The contract ended and he ended up in the corporate world, that was how I I met him , he was attending due to the skipper illness and he was filling in for him.

Whilst with Eagle he paid $50k upfront with no get out. He was treated by RAM very poorly, operations and many of the local aircrew. He had to pay for his own accommodations and subsistence , nearly two years, crazy costs, I have no idea if anything has changed much, I doubt it. However it's a path that some will take but that's a aviation thing.

Hiope this provides some if old information.