PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2024, 12:09
TheGreenAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Redsnail,

What I understand from your message. You advice joining an airline initially as a cadet, this mostly because you will gather flight hours quickly on a big multipilot aircraft, and in addition, learn to abide by strict SOPs?

By approaching companies I meant mostly over mail or phone, not physically (I prefer not to take breaks during integrated course to visit companies), and then inquiring if they can provide more information on how to become eligible (i.e. more competitive a candidate). Or in other words, what is their opinion of the most effective pathway to their company.
I ask here mostly because the last thing I want to do is regarded as “annoying” before I can even seriously apply for a position (with the benefit of possibly building up a line of communication with said company).

My course should finish around 2025 Q3, so that I have plenty of time before then. Luckily, I think, my flight school emphasises a lot on building soft skills. (in their words, almost everyone can learn how to become a pilot, but few learn to become aviators).

If you have any tips for me specifically in that regard PLEASE do sent me a PM. Again thank you for all the (to me) invaluable information.

Cheers TGA

PS. I hear from a lot of recently graduated pilots here that they do end up at ryanair, wizzair and also a few at easyjet.