PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zoltan Beldi Passed
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2024, 03:37
Bolshie

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Hi folks, Zoltan's brother Steve here. Nice to see the positive comments about Zeeb. To update Megan's post, Z had a stroke around 13 years ago that prettymuch robbed him of language so that he could communicate but with difficulty, otherwise he was fully functional. This was a shame, because Zoltan's greatest asset was his ability to communicate. He embraced the need to remain healthy after the stroke and exercised regularly. His heart attack occurred on a walk and, despite his family's valiant efforts to resucitate him, he could not be saved. The photo above is one I've never seen! Zeeb was my mentor throughout most of my life but especially during my own Airborne work for GeoMetrics/GeoInstruments/Kevron where I worked directly for Z as my operations manager and for Daishsat and Thomson Aviatioin in later years, where Zoltan and Peter MCMullen designed and supported the systems those companies used for data acquisition. Working with Zoltan was always special. Apart from his quirky sense of humor, he had an encyclopedic knowledge of airborne geophysics and a very thin veneer (if I'm lucky) may have rubbed off, though my recent ADHD diagnosis probably explains why I never managed Zoltan's attention to details, an absolute must in data analysis.
I hope this fills in some gaps for those who had the good fortune to know my brother, a remarkable intellect and just "a really fun guy". Along with his wife, Jocelyn and his daughters, Lauren and Jennie, I miss him terribly but take comfort from the fact that I knew and worked with/for him.
The following 8 users liked this post by Bolshie: