PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S92 down west of Bergen Norway
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2024, 18:59
albatross

Received 156 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Apate
"There is NOT any CB labeled AFDS on any Bus that I can find."

You won't because HC was talking Bristow Scottish Puma speak, it's a very specific language that even the best AI tools will struggle to translate .

The CBs you found "FLOAT PWR" are the ones that are associated with the Floatation System. The "Automatic Flotation Deployment System" is not an add-on, it is a fundamental part of the system design.
I understand that. My comment was because HC seemed to allude to a separate Automatic Float Deployment System CB that powers the immersion switches and is only on a primary bus and not on the Batt Bus therebye requiring pilot manual activation if the Nr decreases to a point that the Gens go off line. So I searched for one and did not find a AFDS CB and posted that I did not locate one, nor did I think I would.
Thanks to P3 Bellows for posting the CB Panel schematics and other info.
Furthermore I think the Floats Armed caption #2 explanation is to WARN you the floats are ARMED when you are on the ground, floats are armed and the Nr is below 80% leading to the gens going offline leading to some dark screens if the APU is not on.

Last edited by albatross; 4th Mar 2024 at 19:14.