PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2024, 09:05
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
G'day TheGreenAviator,

1. Unfortunately no, NJE has in the past run a cadet scheme. It may return in the future but I suspect I'll be retired on the beach in Australia long before then. Most crews come to NJE (and other larger bizjet companies) from the military, smaller GA companies or the airlines. Most instructors in Europe have no idea about bizjets. It hasn't been on the employment radar until recently (as in the past 10 years). Most folks are under the illusion that if it's not Airbus or Boeing, it's not worth knowing. So, unless you are lucky and can get a start on a bizjet after flight school, then you'll probably start at an airline that takes low houred pilots. Get the experience and keep an eye on various job opportunities.

2. Temporary gateways etc, apply to NetJets Europe. Other companies have different set ups. You can live in Portugal if you want to work for NJE. Not a problem. Lisbon is a gateway. I can't remember if Faro is too, I think it opens up as a Summer gateway.

3. Yep, Depending on where you sit on the seniority list, you can fleet change as much as your seat lock and seniority number permits. Some fleets permit you to upgrade on it, naturally, they are the smaller fleets. For many, the sweetspot is the Latitude. APU, reasonable range, does US secondments and you can upgrade on it. However, all fleets have their pluses and minuses. Just ask any of us.