PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2024, 17:12
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grumpy1
Thanks Bill and Onion.
I was confident that Onion would provide some facts so thanks. The one similarity between Teesworks and the SS is that there has been a resistance to respond to enquiries by the press and others and explain what was happening which in the case of Teesworks resulted in numerous critical press reports and encouraged a certain Labour MP to make daft allegations under privilege.
I note with interest that the airport has transfered £6million to the developers whereas my simple mind asks if it should be the developers should be paying the airport for the valuable land that they have aquired.
Thanks to Bill for the YouTube link. Embarrassing.
Those of us who go to the South Side on a regular basis have spoken to the land owner plus land agents, surveyors and construction staff before work was suspended. There is much that could be said but perhaps not in a public forum although it is no secret that the project is years late and over budget. As Bill has pointed out, the origional plan to build units and rent them out on completion this seems to have been abandoned in favour of occupants renting plots and funding the building. Wasnt sure if this was in the public domain but others can speculate on the reason for this. Oh, and when I was last down, the farmer was still waiting for his money!!!
As far as the land is concerned its still the airports. The developers havent aquired it.