PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brit pilots working in the USA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2024, 15:36
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Lady Speedbird
@Kenny: Very enlighting, and CA's earlier posts too. That's why I came here, for insight and advice. I don't know everything - although many people on PPRUNE and APC claim that. I know certain things and ask about the rest. EDIT: I absolutely agree that any new hire should follow company SOPs - either written or sometimes unwritten. Your overall post is very enlightening.
You're welcome. The grass, as they say, can seem very green on the other side. There was a time when I would’ve gladly given up an important body part to have had the chance of an 18 year career at BA. Yes, the money we’re now earning is exceptionally good but you don’t have to go that far back to a time when US pilots were getting far less than their European peers and were proportionately a lot more angry and disillusioned with the industry. I cross my fingers every morning that we never return to that time again. But as history has shown us, the industry is cyclical; when things are good in the world they’re great in the US. When they’re not so good, they’re appalling in the US. The worst thing to be faced with, is moving to the US, joining a new company and then being told you’re surplus to requirements.

Good luck with whatever happens. I can think of a lot worse things than living in South Ken and being a 777 Captain at BA.