PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2024, 10:24
P330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Only if they don't read it propoerly. The discussion is mainly about the best use of resources to ensure the airport remains open and how it is managed.

I think the only person who discusses the possibility of the airport being shut is the Mayor!
You may be right and I genuinely don’t believe people on here want that to happen, but words have consequences.

Now I am not saying words on here have the power to topple a mayor or kill an airport but collectively, combined with other media and actions could. This forum does not exist in a vacuum.

Now whilst the questions are legitimate to ask. And whilst it’s fair to say the mayor brings most of this on himself, there comes a point where you get worn down.

As I said the other day, the constant same questions, the disputing of facts, the claims of illegality. At the other end of this are businesses choosing to invest, employees with
mortgages to pay and dare I say it, a mayor and management team who are human beings who whilst getting lots of things wrong, are I believe, doing everything they can to make it a success.

Sooner or later, people will give up and say ‘sod it’. Sooner or later, people will walk away. Yes, the mayor may have caused lots of this and done little to help himself, but he is also keeping the airport going along with lots of companies, employees and stakeholders.

We may not want it to close, but be mindful of the actions of our words.

And if it did, the mature keyboard warriors will just blame the mayor and say ‘nowt to do with me guv, he started it.’

Last edited by P330; 3rd Mar 2024 at 13:52. Reason: Amendment