PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2024, 08:28
TheGreenAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here on PPRuNe. Since I have only just started my pilot training, a self sponsored ATPL integrated course (For those of you for which that has been a while, it is a CPL + ATPL theory, ME, IR, PBN and MCC endorsements in my case), I am very unfamiliar with how most things work in the aviation industry. Also, please let me know if this post in any way infringes upon the guidelines here on the forum.

I want to thank everyone for the wealth of incredibly detailed information into both practical and personal aspects of being an (biz)aviator, with special thanks to Redsnail, Globally Challenged and EatMyShorts for their countless personal insights in this thread.

After digesting the whole thread, I am left with a whole lot of answers, but even more questions! I will (try) to keep it short and to the contents of this thread.
  1. From my current understanding, it is not possible to join a company like NJ straight away when I finish my CPL, due to my lack of flight hours. I have not heard any of my students or teachers even mention biz aviation and things seem to work differently here than at so called regular airlines. How does one start in the biz aviation sector if companies require a certain set of hours (e.g. 1500TT)?
  2. I have read a lot on this thread about (temporary) gateways, and in regards to them, tax and social security implications. (25% income tax in portugal) + tax in your country of residence if there is a delta, and social contributions in your country of residence as well. Is it possible to live in Portugal too and have your gateway there? Or is it not advisable to do so?
  3. About type ratings, it sounds like NJ was hiring people for 3 specific plane types, is it possible to later switch to other plane types? If so, what are the implications of doing so (besides flying on a different plane ofcourse)?
I am reading back and realise I have failed to keep it a short post (whoops). Any and all constructive answers are appreciated. Thank you everyone for taking the time to read all this.

T.G.A.

P.S. Since this is my first post, I do not think it is possible to sent me a PM since I need three blog posts first according to my account page.