PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRAMIS
Thread: BRAMIS
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2024, 20:17
BobH41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great summary of BAEMMA, PRAMS and the LITS takeover. The LITS team were determined to eradicate BAEMMA and PRAMS but it was too hard a configuration management task for the LITS software. As I recall, BAEMMA continued a little past 1 Jan 2000, despite being theoretically non-Y2K compliant. The Brandt team at Horley had different ideas. When ICL, IBM and Digital were bidding for LITS, I was the Brandt exec supporting first ICL (until ICL dropped out) and then Digital (until IBM won) and then moved onto the IBM team at Stevenage. We were rehearsing the Digital final presentation to the RAF LITS team when I begged a two minute slot to demonstrate RAMS (our generic name for it). I showed about 100 screenshots of a test version of RAMS that had been put together to show how configurable it was, not just for engines and modules but for any aircraft type and any life usage component. At the end of my two minutes, one of the leaders said "I think we have just seen LITS". Unfortunately, it was too late for the bid team to jump onto a different horse, and they continued with the software they were proposing - and lost to IBM. I. might even have those screenshots!