PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 2nd Mar 2024, 05:22
43Inches

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor the lover
So like me, you say its about lifesstyle - money isn't enough to keep them. What makes you think Rex can afford to pay more? All the goss on here seems to indicate they are losing **** loads of cash, reserves are running out, they're almost insolvent, PAG's about to do a runner,reports are being doctored to makes things appear rosier - but you say they CAN afford to pay more? My maths say it doesnt appear that way.
Lifestyle clauses are also costs to a company, if you have an 12 hour duty to crew and EBA limits to 6 hours duty only then you need two crews both paid the same amount instead of one under FRMS. I touched on the point that due to crew shortages they have cut back routes and have been prevented crewing new routes that is costing them millions in lost revenue. Its been said many times that a lot of their routes are full, increase the fare, that will pay the extra crew costs, but now it's getting dire as they have done nothing. If QLink can do the routes with more expensive aircraft and crews, why can't Rex? I think the fixation on cost control is their undoing right now, so rigid in not expanding staff costs that everything else is spiraling out of control due to, lack of staff... It's a bit like cutting back on maintenance, you eventually hit a point where the band aids on top of band aids fall off and the cost to actually fix all the problems is 10 times what you would have paid for proper routine maintenance, but the manager at the time just pushes it back so the next monkey has to deal with it (which is also a result of underpaid, overworked, don't care, managers).