PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greetings & Bell 206A #171
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2024, 17:36
RotorRick

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Greetings & Bell 206A #171

Greetings everyone. LONG time subscriber/lurker. I have been reading pprune for many many years at this point, but this may be only my third posting!

I'm one of those "older" pilots who have flown so many aircraft that i have forgotten most of them! They say Short Term Memory is the second thing to go. I can't remember the first!

Anyway, a few years ago I brought home the first Turbine helicopter I ever flew. a 1968 Bell 206A SN# 171 It still has it's C18, SCAS and Boosted pedals! With only 1980.6 TT it's barely broken in. It's in my hangar getting the TLC it needs. Truly a labor of love. Did I mention it only weighs 1624.7 lbs?

I've already purchased a GNS530 to update the rather dated, but Groovy Wood veneer panel. And am trying to figure out the best way to implement the ADSB standard without breaking the bank. And yes, the Stereo Cassette player stays! Pity it didn't have shag carpeting....

Does need some paintwork touchups on the front door corners and belly... working on that as the weather improves.

I tried to post a few photos, but sadly the system won't let me as yet.

Anyway, hello to everyone out there. Would love to get in touch with other C18 and early 206A folks.

Rick

The following users liked this post: