PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 1st Mar 2024, 05:47
43Inches

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts
I'm actually surprised costs have only risen by 12%, the addition of 9 737 should be more than that. My worry is that they have lost the plot on the regional front, the south east coast schedules look dire compared to the traditional schedules of 10 years ago, and that is the powerhouse of their past income. Interesting that they somehow forgot MacAir went broke servicing all those outback routes and not having any premium regional routes to get the gravy in the peak seasons. Somebody seems to think that the subsidized routes are more important than the high traffic NSW patterns. I guess QLink has no idea what it's doing, having pulled back from the outback routes and jumped in on all the routes Rex has pulled back from and is making good profit. Seems like there will be only QLink in regional NSW, Vic, SA in a few years, probably half crewed by disaffected Rex staff. I think somebody in Rex management must be a QLink plant, the amount of free passengers they have just given away the last year or so by pulling back on very profitable routes. I heard even Sharps have thanked Rex management (jokingly) for there terrible route strategy down south that is gifting them passengers.