PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2024, 10:35
cavokblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stewyb
The runway extension wasn’t built with 2024 solely in mind and instead an investment for many years to come. I think it is fairly obvious that the way forward lies very favourably with easyJet and this summers med routes are hopefully a flavour of more to come with increased frequencies. If all goes well then we can be expect to see them adding additional routes hence forth. GLA/BFS has in the main operated well for them and loads have been strong, I only wish they would take on MAN also. It seems as though more investment at the airport is going in to make the customer experience even better and hopefully the new Ops Dir will hit the ground running. A lot to look forward to over the next few years and think we need to stay patient, it is a great little airport that I have no doubt will improve and grow once again!
I agree. And we all agree that we should expect frequencies to increase for S25. However, before I get accused of being negative again, a weekly service to some of these destinations is making only a very small increase to the most important figure - annual pax numbers.

I don't think it was overly unreasomable to hope it may have been a 3 times weekly service to some of the new summer destinations. Even Norwich airport managed it this year with a new operator and will probably see a larger increase to their annual pax figures as a result.

Last edited by cavokblues; 29th Feb 2024 at 11:26.