PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2024, 10:15
Hardrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flipthebird
Thank you so much for pulling it out Hardrod. Much appreciated. Also big thanks to AKOTA for going chapter and verse about the job as well. To someone who doesnt know much about the job and the industry, this has been really helpful for sure, at least I have a full picture about what a Second Officer does at Cathay Pacific. No wonder why people keep warning wannabies to think twice and thrice before joinning. This is definitely for the hardcore aviation fan, because only those can survive the initial painstaking and boring work life.

One more thing. I have noticed the interview process is getting much faster and easier, many testings have been eliminated such as JKI testing, Ravening reasoning, Flight Planning, Group Activites and Flight Grading assessment. Also, the ICAO English Proficency no longer administrated In-House. Is it because they cannot find enough people so they have decided to simplified the process to make things easier? Or they just don't have the budget to conduct all sort of testing anymore? I'm really curious to know.

For me, I am a local, born and bred here, but I am not a big fan of Cathay, I actually don't have a thing with Cathay at all, I always fly on Emirates or Singapore Airlines or Qatar, they have much better services, better quality in terms of In-flight experiences, and I find that their pilot skills are so much better than CX.

But sadly I am not a Singaporean, nor UAE citizen. Friend of mine told me a little bit about British Airways Cadet Pilot Program, since we now can move to the UK and apply for BNO visa, I will keep researching on it as well.

No offense but if you did read the whole damn thing you would have found the article yourself. Problem with newbies these days is, they don't read, they just don't want to do the hard work, similar to the hook up culture.

No money. Low budget. No qualified applicants. ****ty pay. If they don't lower the standard, how could they meet their time-to-fill target (KPIs)? 40 cadets from the Mainland? You can forget about that.

Running an In House ICAO test costs money. Easiest solution is to outsource it. You pay the vendor, IAE for instance. They run the test for you. And the company can just sit here and collect the report. Save time. Save money.

Try getting a job in a Chinese based company, then you will understand how CX operates these days.

Isn't Air China considering to buy more stakes from CX?!