PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific leaders taken us to the bottom in a vertical dive!
Old 28th Feb 2024, 21:01
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Meursault
I would be interested in truthful numbers and rosters of those E3 guys at Atlas etc. I personally do not see the allure, and one STC already came back, but I am a senior CN, maybe ok for FO..
Agreed, an important process often overlooked by pilots, is professional due diligence on their new job!

If you are a Senior Captain at CX does that mean much these days in terms of lifestyle perks and benefits? At some stage, for many as they become exponentially wealthier as the years roll on, time off will or should become very important.

The US jobs probably won’t suit all. Whereas the time off is excellent, starting again at the bottom isn’t for everyone. However, there are going to be more and more lifestyle jobs emerging. Cathay’s rostering will add to their attrition rate.

Dragonair had a part time scheme. Month on month off. That’s my yardstick for comparing the US jobs. Pay leans in favour of a Captain at a U.S. freight carrier and the time off in favour of the old KA scheme. Yet it’s so pleasing for many, that where we thought we’d be lifestyle wise, toward career’s end, is again an option!

National offers an interesting option. Probably more for disgruntled CX FO’s. As mentioned above promotion rapid thought that could change. The perk is the shelf company arrangement and many still live in Hong Kong on a tax free salary.

So there are many options and it’s not black and white out there. You have to be genuinely fed up with CX to make the move and due diligence and self awareness of yours and your family’s circumstances critical.