PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-10
Thread: Newcastle-10
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2024, 10:53
fl dutchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was in the Aspire lounge about a week ago. No problem getting in. (One World Emerald)
I think the refurbishment/extensions are almost complete if not already complete. Apparently there is 100 extra places available versus previously.

The original lounge has been extended into the old BA lounge so will be much bigger than before.

There is a dedicated section for Emirates premium passengers but believe its only used by them for a limited time each day.

I thought the service and staff to be excellent.

However I have heard that during the refurbishment early days some airline status passengers were refused entry because "people who paid " were given priority.
( of course the likes of BA actually pay the lounge to accommodate there status passengers. So that certainly caused some issues.

Perhaps when its fully open there will be room for all. If not I would imagine the airlines who have paid contracted spaces for there premium passengers and those premium passengers themselves will be very upset.

In reality though a second lounge is definitely needed.

ash666 better luck next time. Its quite nice and is open. Hope that makes sense.