PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPLS and the benefits of where you get them
Old 28th Jan 2004, 04:00
Saitek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
send clowns in response

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FlyBe are going to only Oxford for low hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe i did not word that correctly I did not mean to imply "have always previously" if that's the way you read it

Flybe employee said recently all current and future low hours qualified recruitment will be from Oxford plus the 6 or so per year from their ab initio scheme at Cabair.

I am the last person who would swallow some of the sales junk that Oxford come out with, someone in Flybe told me that was their current plan.

quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then considering pass rates for flying training, how can you justify the rest of your statements? Surely quality has to have some effect on pass rates, but the best first-time modular IRT pass rates I know of are at small schools, considerably higher than OATS. Therefore employers should recruit at those schools.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are absolutely right, given an even playing field, I only got a partial I/R, I know of someone who failed two I/R's at Oxford then went to a smaller school and passed first time.
He still thought that Oxford was a lot better, I cannot compare.

What do I mean by even playing field?

The guy that I know who passed at a smaller school went there becasuse they only had two possible I/R routes .

But Oxford being slap bang in the middle of the country has:

Bristol - Filton - Oxford, Bristol - Gloucester-Oxford, Filton-Gloucester-Oxford, Southampton-Bournemouth-Oxford, Exeter-Bournemouth-Oxford,Birmingham-Gloucester-Oxford,Birmingham-Coventry-Oxford, Coventry-Cranfield-Oxford,Cambridge-Cranfield-Oxford,East Midlands-Coventry-Oxford, East Midlands-Cranfield-Oxford.

Now each one of us should be able to plan and execute a flight anywhere with one hours planning, but 11 commonly used routes, Slightly more difficult to prepare for in 35 hours of which only 25ish is route flying?

How many routes does your place have?