PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific leaders taken us to the bottom in a vertical dive!
Old 27th Feb 2024, 23:18
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Meursault
Having said that, it is true that you can have a good lifestyle with a major captain salary, just very difficult to achieve as foreigner, I certainly don't want to bash the US in general, it is a great country, but the discussion is a bit pointless since 99% of those working for Cathay do not have a green card. Not sure why this US argument always pops up here, it's a red herring.
It’s probably because the States is loaded with ex-CX/KA guys who have found one way or another to be employed there. Some have green cards and some have E3 visas.

I still think the most considered argument is did you make enough money during the Golden Years of Hong Kong to provide choices for your family. I’m sure there are many wealthy CX pilots still in HK by choice. I get that. But many left. It would be horrible to be there needing the money. The rosters look awful for some.

If you made your money it slews the debate. A job at a U.S. cargo carrier offering two weeks off a month and cruisy heavy crew operations may suit you better than being a regional CX pilot trying to work out how to land a 321 🙂