PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747 Crash @ Lagos
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2004, 03:12
HercBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now back to FlightSim
Hey, this might seem arrogant, but I am just an avid flightsimmer and a "virtual controller" in the worlds of VATSIM and I still know NOT to line up anyone when I have a jet on approach on that runway with less than a 4 mile run...

I am not going to even mention Emergencies and keeping runways sterile....

As for topman's reasoning "Get the 737 out of the way from the holding point", in my opinion, with the advance notice, the 737 should never have been allowed to taxi even to the holding point...

Yeah, I might be a bit overcautious, but in my book, that is the only way to be with an aircraft emergency in the air.. Everyone on the ground can wait....

Topman, you say you see aircraft departing when others are at 2 miles final all the time... Departing as in being instructed to line-up, or departing as in rolling with aircraft on 2 miles (even then...) ??? Might be the ignorant here, but there is a substancial difference between the two...

Anyways, glad to hear the 747 crew made it out alright, hope Airdisaster is right and the Lear ones did too (although if I was the one to make it out of that Lear I would have a "serious conversation" with the ATCO that cleared the 732)...

Just a flightsimmer's point of view (sadly)...