PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 26th Feb 2024, 19:44
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
Brief update

Sitting here in Pancake Parlor, shortly heading off to work.

Thanks again to all for your support.

Please be assured that I am now completely and fully satisfied that there is no "good intent" at all within CASA on this matter.

I have not been naive, but i did need to fully satisfy myself and provide every reasonable opportunity for ethics, good governance, leadership and most importantly "good intent" to prevail.

This matter now has ceased in all interactions with CASA.

When I left the meeting with the Chair of the Board and the CASA CEO, and was on the flight back to Melbourne, my wife what my thoughts were on the individuals that we met with.

My response to my wife was "Ms Spence is a political animal." (note: it was not intended literally, but figuratively). The solution does not lie with Ms Spence. She knows how to operate in the political environment. The solution completely lies withe the Board Chair"

Like most, I consider myself a good judge of character. On that assessment of Ms. Spence, i stand by it.

I am extremely disappointed in the Board Chair. I need to depart for work but I will return to this topic tonight hopefully.

This matter has no direct CASA involvement. It is now purely a political matter, and for a brief period of time that will be my direction. That direction will be relatively short term, but that hand will be forced.

If required litigation will be my only option, although in the lead up to the election, i will remain active within the electorate. Very active.