PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lynx Air Shutdown
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2024, 12:04
punkalouver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rigpiggy
Problem is the architect of this disaster was shown the door last fall. But don't worry because the millstone won't hang around their neck, they'll get another job and drive that into the ground too
More detail would be appreciated. After all, the media played up previous success as seen here, so don't know much else.

Lynx Air CEO sees room for all amid cutthroat market crowded with carriers | CTV News"She started as CEO of Virgin Australia Regional Airlines in 2013, returning it to profit within three years by focusing on charter flights for mining and resource companies, and continued to juggle that job after becoming chief executive of Virgin Australia Cargo.

Before taking a career break just before the pandemic struck, McArthur shifted to CEO of Virgin Australia's low-cost Tigerair Australia in 2018, where she assembled a management team that achieved gender parity.

“I perhaps have a natural tendency to embrace diversity, because I do think that creativity and innovation is driven by people being able to bounce different ideas around the table,” she says."

Sounds like diversity was a priority. After reading the article, I was thinking maybe that is such a wonderful idea. Is there more to the story with the Go Woke, Go Broke people perhaps having a point?

Maybe some Aussies have more info.