PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 787 Window Shades Central Locking?
Old 25th Feb 2024, 08:50
Helol

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Load Toad
I don't want to keep all the cabin awake, but if I've paid for my seat (& extra nowadays to get a window seat of my choice), then for god's sake, please let me enjoy the view out of the window! Which I've paid for as much as Pax X paid for the aisle seat or Pax Y who likes watching cartoons on the IFE...
Exactly. I too pay ridiculous amounts for a window seat (ok, because I travel solo, so don't want to be 'stuck in the middle'...). I get tired of this argument that 'you'll keep everyone awake, with the shade open' I don't think anyone is suggesting having the shade fully or even half open and flooding light into the cabin' But the fact the choice has been taken away is my issue. At least BA didn't do that on their 787 the one and only time I flew it with them (don't know if they do now).

I don't mind if the cabin crew change the settings so that the brightest levels are not an option for the pax, but at least keep the lower settings available; that's an acceptable compromise, but no-one seems to compromise anymore. It's either/or - from one extreme to the other.

I was reading a thread on Reddit and so many people were pissed off because, as I understand it, in the States, UA close the shades even on day time flights! Mark my words, it will be windowless tubes in no time.

What happened to curiosity and admiring the natural world once in a while...

Question: Would the airlines, as the customer, have had to agree with this option on the 787?

Last edited by Helol; 25th Feb 2024 at 08:58. Reason: Question