PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rear Entry
Thread: Rear Entry
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2024, 19:25
treadigraph
Gnome de PPRuNe

Received 315 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
Only time I've ever seen one was not a million miles away from yours, and round about the same time.

Nassau, mid-80s, not sure if it was airworthy or WFU. Sadly, didn't have time to investigate it as I was being paid for being there - rotten job, but somebody had to do it.
As I recall, that visit in '84 fielded a respectable number of surviving 404s, all the PBA and Marco Island Airways aircraft at Miami, Naples and Marco Island (I recall two dismantled PBA aircraft at KAPF), plus a number of others at various eastern Florida airfields - possibly a 202 as well. Memory says there was an example in faded USCG colours at Opa Locka - not sure if there was or if I've remembered someone else's pic. It was exactly 40 years ago, arrived at Miami on 24th February - almost the first thing I saw was my first Connie, Clipper Dick!

Originally Posted by rog747
I used to go on holiday flying out from Gatwick to MIA, and then go down to Key West quite often back in the 1980's -
Drove down to Key West a couple of times (and had a ride with Fred Cabanas in his UPF-7!) and also later flew down in a C152 with a friend, with a brief stop at Marathon on the way back. Beautiful. Got a photo of sunset with a vintage sailing vessel heading out of the harbour area - what you can't see is the DC-6 rumbling overhead SW towards Central America...
The following users liked this post: