PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATO vs Russia
Thread: NATO vs Russia
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2024, 12:52
Low average

Received 102 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by henra
???
I don't think conscription in UK is what European Defence most urgently needs. For the whole of Europe we simply need massive upstocking of Ammo and an additional 1000+ Warheads.
It's worth noting that since 2022 Putin is brainwashing and militairizing Russia's next generation - those who were young teens in 2022 will shortly be of fighting age and, since 2022 have been exposed to a far greater barrage of propoganda and false history. The textbooks have been changed. Heroes are everywhere.

This is intentional - military awareness and skills are taught and viewed positively in schools - they will grow up to firmly believe Putin's lies as they will not be told anything else, believing they are fighting for their very existence and will hate the Free World and admire the heroes of the "SMO" until they are much, much older and wiser and can look back with regret.

As each year goes past, Russia's next fighting generation is becoming more psychologically prepared (brainwashed) to survive, fight, die and be grateful for it.

Now look at our next generation. Have we adequately prepared them against this threat? I would say no - we've only just discovered our peaceful worldview was grossly naive. How can we prepare them? Conscription is one way, but severe, and we are tarnished by Afghanistan.

I do however think we need to urgently change how military skills, mindset and people are valued and perceived by our very diverse society. I think our education system has a part to play in that, but exactly how will need to be thought through carefully.

The following users liked this post: