PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problem accessing WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook on all our mobile phones
Old 24th Feb 2024, 10:04
Tosh McCaber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem accessing WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook on all our mobile phones

A strange problem! My family has Sky broadband. Excellent service until a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, over the past couple of days in our house, my family of four have experienced severe problems in accessing WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook on all our mobile phones.

Whilst we have nominally a very good wifi connection throughout the house (it presently reads 60mb/s), it takes forever, if at all, to open (each time) WhatsApp- the app reads "connecting", sometimes connecting on after a couple of minutes. Same procedure again when I switch out of the app, and then go to switch it on again- it eventually comes on after a minute or two.

Unfortunately, as well, Instagram and Facebook won't open at all on the house internal wifi. This happens on all of the phones in our house. We get a reading on Instagram- "Couldn't refresh feed" Also, a message on Facebook "Safari couldn't open the page because the server stopped working."

When I switch off wifi on the phone, all starts working again on 4G! As well, logging in to a neighbour's (different providor) Wifi, the apps work perfectly as well.

My nephew, who runs a computer business in another town, suggests that it may be a problem with DNS on a Sky server??

Whatever the cause, I regret to say that the Sky people to whom I've spoken on the phone were so far unknowledgeable regarding this issue. (Quote unquote "Your broadband's working- can't do anything!)

Can anyone out there give me suggestions as to what may be wrong? Thanks for any pointers!