PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-3
Thread: Southend-3
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2024, 02:45
jmdavies86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
Looking at Aeroitalia Web site tonight and London Southend no longer appears - Oops!
To be fair, that doesn't necessarily mean the loss is due to the fault of SEN - although I'm sure the uncertainty of the ongoing situation with CGI may well be a contributing factor.

London to Milan is a very popular route and competition is high. Perhaps the BGY-SEN route simply hasn't sold as well as they initially had hoped/thought it would and therefore Aeroitalia have decided to withdraw it before it even begins, which does happen from time to time - there's no point in an airline attempting to start a route and accrue huge losses for the sake of it.

Also, they've just re-appointed their former CCO, Krassimir Tanev, last month, so perhaps he's already decided to make a few changes...?

I do feel for any passenger(s) that may have decided to book with them and are due to fly soon as Aeroitalia don't serve any other UK airport so they may well now be left in a situation where they've got to find alternative flights at short notice, which could be more expensive than what they've paid; I hope that Aeroitalia are prompt in making any refunds.