PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2024, 20:17
a1egre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by papalovesjumbo
So coming back to pprune after longtime and skipped a lot pages as its crazy time consuming.
almost 2 years in the company now. And had ups and downs for me but overall pretty happy with Wzz although I understand that grass could be greener like everywhere else.

Really not other crazy options around better except your own country’s major or go to Ezy at your homebase.
In an Eu market where ryr charging 30-40k for type rating and/or expensive aps mcc and then no salary till base teaining, no yearly bonus despite billions profit, crew meals, tightening the belt over flight crew to the max. Im quite happy my only consern is our local GH is payed peanuts and we have gpu or bus delayed.
1,5 years in company in 2 years upgrade if I work hard.
Im also lucky where Im based we dont have double tax issues and My net local contract salary as a junior Fo with bond payment deducted etc has never been less than 3.2k most had 3.7k. (SFO goes around 4.5k-5-5k) net values…
other jfo friends in otherbases remain around 2.5k depending on the flying and/or contract. Im only telling my personal situation.

Regarding fatigue, you are around 900h/year like most lowcost. FOs are okay but Captains are still going 90-100h/month but I fly with more and more happy captains with reverse roster, I fly with one and come back with the other. So those magenta presentations are slowly being implemented and actually makes a the difference.

the unhappy people are right because their situation is different. I have no kids or wife at home. So I settled in my base. But if you have kids in west where you dont have direct wizz flight, you can suffer.

I realized only unhappy people (sometimes rightfully) make their way to pprune and I wanted to be an exception.

Anyway there is no company in eu other than some legacies where you sign the contract and pack your bag, print your boarding pass received from company, show up at TR location where a company driver takes you to company booked hotel with some training salary dropping since day one and at 4th year upgrade perspectives.

overall good compay for my profile.

cheers
Hey!

Student Pilot here!

Could you please message me the details for a Junior First Officer and SFO at WIZZAIR?

Thanks!