PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Accommodation MS - Are all villas the same?
Old 23rd Feb 2024, 07:03
Aero_manoloman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HugeJarse
Try to request villas that are not in South or Heights. Both compounds have a negative atmosphere for some reason.
But as with all things it depends on you to make it nice. A lot of people there are just miserable for the sake of being miserable.
One advantage of South is Kent school, just outside the compound.
They only offered us MS and MH. At some point I asked for other options and they insisted that only MH and MS are available at the moment.
I'm moving to Dubai on my own and I don't have a family (I'm 40). If I could choose I would certainly pick an apartment rather than a villa but at the same time I'm looking forward to having all that space for myself and make good use of each room. I'm just worried to be assigned a crappy one in a bad location (noise, small backyard, no trees around, etc). The one they showed us during the villa tour was not so appealing. It really felt like a construction in the middle of the desert. But I've seen some really nice ones in the takeover group though it has become impossible to find one there. For every offer there's too many interested people. MH looks good to me but the idea of having neighbors both side of the house with paper-thin walls is a bit of a deal breaker.

I really wish they kept some accommodation in buildings for pilots like in the old days.