PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC-130 Crash California
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2024, 20:14
Robbiee

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by OvertHawk
Making a mistake or an error of judgement isn't just an act of God or fate or Karma or whatever.

That it happens to all of us is undeniable but the phrases " *** happens" and "we all make mistakes" absolutely do not mean the same thing (or certainly should not mean the same thing in aviation).

If the wind blows a tree down onto my garage it could be argued that " *** happened"

If i decide to try and cut it down, screw it up and it falls on my garage then " I was ***t"

If you had come into this conversation with the phrase "Sometimes we all make dumb decisions that we can't properly explain afterwards" then i think the forum would be overwhelmingly with you.

But to dismiss it with a blase' " *** happens" sounds like you are suggesting that you were not responsible.

S*** did not happen. You did something.

I never said I wasn't responsible. I mearly stated that the reason good pilots sometimes make bad decisions (even when they're telling themselves not to do it) is because sometimes **** just happens.

Its like when sometimes you just say the wrong thing (i e put your foot in your mouth, as the saying goes), like when a bad joke just slips out,...just ask Fuzzy Zellor! Sometimes your common sense just takes a break for a bit.

You guys are gonna drive me to drink! Seriously, this is worse than the arguments over what "Settling with Power" means!