PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apt car registrations
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2024, 17:10
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 437 Likes on 230 Posts
I’ve mentioned this before. Never mind.

I was a member of a small flying club where another member (a security guard) used to turn up dressed like he was in the SAS. He gained his PPL on C152s then almost immediately joined a group flying a JP3 at another airfield some distance away. He then soon took to turning at the bar dressed in an RAF pattern flying suit adorned with an RAF type wings patch with the words “Jet Pilot”. He also click-clacked his way across the floor to the bar wearing ejection seat leg restrainers, so everyone turned to see. I don’t think he was clever enough to see how “impressed” everyone else was by that….

He then bought a big Jaguar saloon and changed the registration to D1 LOT. He had inserted an extra black fixing screw below the D to make it look like a P. He turned up for a happy hour and parked right it outside the entrance to the clubhouse.

He drove away in the dark obviously unaware that a couple of his fellow club members got out the black insulation type and when he turned up again a couple of days later it still read P1LLOCK.
The following 3 users liked this post by ShyTorque: