PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rear Entry
Thread: Rear Entry
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2024, 07:42
SpringHeeledJack

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm enjoying the nostalgic tangent the thread has taken, used to love seeing those LTU TriStars here and there back in the day.

Regarding the original question, I get that turn arounds are pressure filled endeavours, especially for low-cost carriers and I get that passengers prefer to take cabin baggage that is larger than it used to be (though they are charged a pretty penny for this courtesy) but as I see things atm, at least 12 fare paying passengers, who might well have paid extra to bring their luggage onboard with them have no available storage space because it will have been taken by the airline staff and airline equipment. It just surprises me that after so many years of product development by both airlines and aircraft manufacturers, that there isn't enough space designed into each aircraft that allows passengers free access to cabin storage and sufficient storage for staff items. I appreciate that this obviously isn't at the top of anyone's priority list and I have only given it thought due to sitting in and observing the repercussions of storage scarcity at the rear of the aircraft. Being pedantic, it's a kind of commercial prejudice where those sitting at the back of the aircraft aren't enjoying the same conditions as those everywhere else. That said, they are close to the rear toilets, so it's not all bad ;-)