PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network EBA
Thread: Network EBA
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2024, 11:18
Thumb War

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by morno
The problem is mate, it’s quite evident that the tactics used by AIPA in recent years just clearly aren’t working anymore. So a new approach is needed, and as others have said, PIA is the most effective tool available to us now.

Gentle and cooperative has not done the pilot groups any good in the last 15 years.
I think as much as anything else, the issue is that successive governments have made it so difficult for the unions to achieve much.

Wear red ties and make PAs = locked out and off to the FWC to get a determination.

Multiple guns to the head of AIPA - sign this slightly better than crap contract or we’ll send the new fleet elsewhere.

It’s like trying to fight Mike Tyson for your life with one arm tied behind your back.

So considering the industrial landscape of the last 15 years it could’ve been a lot worse.

All that said, maybe now is the time to take a swing with the arm that’s free. I guess we’ll soon see whether PIA is effective and I really hope it is!

None of that excuses the behaviour of one or two past presidents who used their positions for personal gain but that’s another story.
The following users liked this post: