PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serbia E195 runs into runway lights at Belgrade
Old 21st Feb 2024, 10:43
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This discussion is going nowhere , as some here have made up their minds regardless of the facts and are not prepared to accept them . .
It reminds me of this very friendly American couple visiting with us the grand Canyon a few years ago and arguing with me that "God made this " and when I mentioned that it was rather a few billions years of erosion , they turned very nasty ..

Intersections take off are performed everyday worldwide and if some choose not to do them , their decisions of course. Some airports have restrictions on them , some operators as well, An E195 requesting a take off with 1300m left is odd, but not impossible if light weight . so no reason to flatly refuse, just asking to confirm , if the PIC confirms it is fine , he knows his aircraft and the numbers , we don't . , that's it . This is how we work since the beginning of ATC in the 1920s.

Accusing the controller here with remarks like : " its not my job" or " its not my responsibility" or now " shrugged shoulders & walked away" is not only incorrect but insulting .: : and adding A380s and swimmers does not help your argumentation either . , Duty of care is entirely something else.