PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serbia E195 runs into runway lights at Belgrade
Old 21st Feb 2024, 06:55
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MercedesBenz240
What I suspect happened: The pilots turned at D5 by mistake. They suddenly realised they had lined up at the wrong intersection and in a hurry to leave the active runway instead of back tracking they immediately started to recalculate new TORA from D5. In a hurry they mistakenly selected D5 for rwy 12R where they got 2266 meters of available runway
Anyone feel free to correct me whether this chain of events is possible or not, thank you.
Not sure this is exactly what happened but it makes sense and you are so far giving on good hypothesis . I have heard a comment adding that on their FMS a D5 intersection T/O is automatically giving data for 12R ,if true that could sustain your theory.
The fact ( from the pax video) that it looks like they did not take off with more flaps and power tend to go in that direction too. But for me , the cockpit authority gradient mots certainly also played a role if the crew set up given by the local media is correct.

As to the Faro example, yes this is the old German way and belief : :" Prohibit everything possibility unsafe and you will not get accidents" . But part of our job is flexibility and expedition and ATC is also about accommodating pilots requests, . Glad I could exercise all that in my career. .