PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC-130 Crash California
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2024, 05:30
Nubian

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Robbiee
So, every pilot (regardless of experience level, or history) that has died from making a bad decision is a bad pilot? So, like if next week Sully made a bad decision that got himself killed, he's now considered a bad pilot?

Interesting way of looking at life. Not my cup of tea, but as the kids say, "You do you".
I think you should stop looking at it as a “good pilot-bad pilot” generalisation.

The point we are trying to make is that earlier you said **** happens, and no fancy equipment as you call it or risk assessment would make a difference to that…

So accidents are just **** happens.,, that why they are called accidents as you say.

If this is your honest opinion, then you have survived this long based on luck and probably not too much exposure (hours in the air)

If Sully makes a fatal mistake tomorrow, he is generally not a bad pilot, but he has then made a fatal mistake that he can not live with!! Only issue with this is that he is this old for a reason, although I am sure that he has made lots of mistakes in his career… but not fatal ones. I’m sure as **** he has not classified many of the mistakes as **** happens, besides the moment he is most known for…. That was a **** happens example and quite a lot of luck saved their lives.

Get the point??

Last edited by Nubian; 21st Feb 2024 at 09:21.