PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serbia E195 runs into runway lights at Belgrade
Old 20th Feb 2024, 20:31
DIBO

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Globaliser
How do we know that no E195 has ever taken off from there? We do know that the TORA was 1,273 metres. Is that not enough in the right conditions?
Sure, depending on the engine option installed and with the right, but unusual, conditions (empty, just a drop of fuel, favorable MET conditions, etc) runway needed can go down to 800-ish meters.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong about this, but I think that from to time to time E190s/E195s have been known to take off from LCY / EGLC, where the TORA is (AIUI) currently 1,199 metres.
Bear in mind that in the incident the remaining runway was all there is (sort of*). At EGLC the physical strip is longer, with a TORA of 1199, the TODA is already 1457m.

*sort of: for obvious reasons not included in any official published data nor usable in perfo calculations, but the airport design gave them in their mishap, 11% (~140m) more concrete with the 'lead in' taxiways in front of the runway end.