PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serbia E195 runs into runway lights at Belgrade
Old 20th Feb 2024, 18:33
Avman

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It would seem that AreOut has changed his tune a little but still wants to attribute some blame on the controller. He talks of what an experienced controller may have done. Now I only listened to the ATC tape once, but I thought that it was first a youngish female controller handling the traffic (possibly a trainee) and that at the point the aircraft entered via D5 an older sounding male controller stepped in. Was that not so? If I'm correct that would be her coach who, by definition, would be experienced. If a pilot states that he can take it from that position it is not for the controller to enter into an argument with him.

My take is that all blame lies with the Captain of that flight. He is in command and he should know where he is. He was given an adequate wake up call which, for reasons only known to him, he appeared to ignore. As also mentioned, the CRM aspect will be interesting, if the recording still exists that is!