PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serbia E195 runs into runway lights at Belgrade
Old 20th Feb 2024, 02:38
DIBO

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailvi767
The aircraft is capable of accelerating to V1 and stopping in 4700 feet with a full load of people and fuel for 500 miles.
which they didn't have with a 4177 feet TORA
Originally Posted by Sailvi767
There are other factors involved. I suspect they had an incorrect takeoff power setting as well as the incorrect runway Intersection.
To be used with some caution until official ADSB data is published, but as all other datapoints seem to be pretty consistent, it seems to indicate they accelerated very slowly the first couple of hundreds meters, direction D4

Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
The AvHerald article description was seriously scary, even without knowing anything more when I read it:
"Following a collision with the high precision approach lights of runway 12R past the end of the runway the aircraft became airborne about 500 meters/1650 feet past the runway end, climbed through 50 feet AGL about 2050 meters/6700 feet past the runway end . . ."
The estimate of DRUK seems to be more likely
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
I see that Avherald is also quoting "50 feet" - but then it has form for not understanding ADS-B data.
At that point, height AAL would have been approx 175-200 feet - still low enough to scare the motorists ...
Originally Posted by AVHerald
was still on the ground at position N44.8274 E20.2846 and climbed through 50 feet AGL at position N44.8335 E20.2673 just ahead of the motorway.
I very much doubt that at the first position indicated, they were still on the ground = plowing through the fields, as that terrain has a very slight downhill slope.
Just after crossing the airport access road (with some trees and pretty tall lighting posts) they were at around 75ft (rounded to the nearest 25) + a little extra terrain clearance from the slight downhill slope.
THe ADSB reported wind is fully cross, with a pinch of tail component. That didn't help either...

Seconds (or should I say feet) from disaster....