PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2024, 19:30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GS-Alpha
There are two kinds of part time contract. The first is aspirational and is things like one month on one month off, or two months on one month off. In your month off you do one trip in order to maintain recency. This kind of part time is done on seniority and you can apply each year. However it seems to very rarely be granted. The second kind is right to request. This is 75% or 50% and is three weeks on one week off, or two weeks on two weeks off. I think there is also an option for 87.5% which is 7 weeks on one week off. RTR part time is much easier to get hold of, and can be requested at any point. It is budget dependent though, and this varies. When I went part time about five years ago, it was about a 6 month wait. RTR is not seniority based. You are asked a couple of questions on your application and it is granted based on your answers and the remaining budget.

(Actually the 87.5% might not be a RTR option. I think it is the compromise option if you have applied for aspirational part time for two years in a row and not been granted it.)
I went 75% after 1 year and 50% around 5 years very straight forward process and BA were great throughout.