PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fg Off Russell F. Graham, 226 OCU, killed in Jaguar crash in Northumberland, 1977.
Old 18th Feb 2024, 14:40
Specaircrew

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Stuart,

Russ and I were on the same course at Linton and we had some great times together. I remember squeezing into his MG Midget( neither of us were small) for excursions around the local hosteleries. One particular memory which sticks in my mind was when we were refresher flying at RAF Leeming. Having retired to bed,after the bar shut, I was awoken by a rustling noise from my window. When I turned the bedside light on I was presented with a view of a bare arse and legs protruding from the bottom of the curtains! After issuing an appropriate expletive a stark naked Russ emerged into plain sight and demanded to know what I was doing in his room! At which point he disappeared out of the door which I hastily locked behind him. Needless to say at breakfast the next morning Russ had no recollection of his naked sleepwalking antics. Moral of the story, always lock your bedroom door . 🤣We were both on 279 Officer Training Course at RAF Henlow and 37 Course at RAF Linton on Ouse which graduated in March 75, this was followed by about 12 months of ‘holding’ before RAF Valley, hence the need for refresher flying. We both then went to RAF Valley in 76 albeit on different courses.

Last edited by Specaircrew; 18th Feb 2024 at 15:57.
The following 2 users liked this post by Specaircrew: