PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One Air Malaga
Thread: One Air Malaga
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2024, 10:29
LeighPPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really wished I had found this thread before signing up with One Air. I think I was taken in by their "award winning" training facilities and the fact that it was in the south of Spain, so flying hours would be more reliable than in the UK, weather-wise.

Like others, I was told that I would be able to complete in about 3 months - and in hindsight this should have been another red flag.

I had to return to the UK for family reasons, after only having 1 lesson in the air. Granted, all the theory was completed and all exams had been passed, but flying lessons were very hard to come by with an awkward booking system.

Some of the instructors I spoke with were just as frustrated, as they wanted to instruct/ fly.
But from what I can tell, there are too many students, too many instructors and not enough aircraft.

I'm in the process of trying to get a partial refund (mainly for the unused flying hours), so I wanted to see if anyone else is in a similar situation, and maybe we could start a coordinated group effort (as I think a many-to-one approach may have more chance over a one-to-one approach)