PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rear Entry
Thread: Rear Entry
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2024, 16:16
SpringHeeledJack

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Rear Entry

Now that I've got your attention ;-) I have taken 2 flights recently where I was sitting on the last 2 rows of the aircraft and did both a rear entry and exit both sectors, so in fact it was no real hardship I don't normally sit at the back for whatever reasons, but not the "I only turn left darling" attributed to a Sloane-y acquaintance back in the 90's. At the rear of the aircraft the last 2 overhead lockers on both sides covering 4 rows of seats were very full with items belonging to the crew and company, rendering no storage space for those who had paid for larger cabin baggage items. The crew just shrugged their shoulders and were no help to those affected. So my question is why do both airlines and manufacturers plan and allow this to happen ? I had a small rucksack, so could tuck it under the seat in front, but for many of the others it was either 'steal' overhead space from other passengers in the rows in front causing arguments , or suffer the matter of no foot/leg space. In this case the aircraft were Airbus, but in the past I've seen it on Boeing and McDonnell Douglas et al when visiting the rear toilets and galley. Why purposely annoy and alienate the very people paying for your services, namely the customers ? Surely the crew deserve a small space, even one that goes under floor level to house their personal items etc ? Thoughts welcomed, it just seems illogical, rather like those lovely IFE boxes that BA used to have on the 777's that took more than half of the passenger's footspace on long haul flights.
The following users liked this post: