PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you give to Ukraine
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2024, 14:48
henra

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Fitter2
As much anti aircraft and missile systems as they need. As much artillery ammunition as they can use. Long range (500km +) missiles.
Begs the question: Down to which level are you ready to deplete your own stocks? How many days of remaining Ammo? 0? 1? 3? One week (If you currently have that much at all - most European Countries likely don't)? Air Defence: How many missiles do you want to remain able to intercept in your own Country? 1? 10? more? In how many of your cities?
It is easy to give away if you have. Looking at the state of affairs in basically all European Countries there is a serious balance to be taken. And yes I truly condemn those politicos who perpetrated that. And yes, I would love to give to Ukraine whatever it takes. I'm afraid we are simply not in a position to do so without critically sacrificing our own ability to defend ourselves afterwards should Ukraine still run out of soldiers (which still is a possibility -after all many, many fled the Country and they are now down to 1/4 of Russia's Population (from a little bit less than 1/3rd), in the relevant demography part potentially even worse).