PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 787 Window Shades Central Locking?
Old 17th Feb 2024, 13:53
Helol

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BRUpax
My only 787 night flights were with Qatar. They automatically dimmed the windows but I was able to override it if I wanted to. I don't know if it made any difference but it was in Business Class.I do not like window blinds down during daytime flights with the exception of those facing the sun.
I know a friend who is claustrophobic. She likes to sit by a window and be free to look out when she feels the need to. She won't keep it wide open but she needs control of the blind to peak out now and again. The Virgin Atlantic policy on the B787 would freak her out...It should be made unlawful for airlines to control window blinds with the exception of take-off and landing.
100% agree

Thanks everyone. BA it is then. I remember flying with BA back in Nov 18 on their 787 down to JNB, I was on one of their first flights using that type, but I think they soon stopped with the 787 to JNB. Anway, they didn't dim the windows.

I don't quite understand all the positive comments ref the 787. Personally I think it feels a bit 'small' for a longhaul of 10+ hours, but that's just me.

I guess the powers that be who decided on the artificial colours imitating a sunrise, think it's better than the real thing. Hey folks, no more turning your head to look out of the window, that's progress! It's similar to an advert of a few years ago - a cat near/on a fishing boat, full of fresh fish, but oh no, the cat had to be fed on artificial food, because it's better than the natural diet of fish, they told me it was better.

I genuinely don't understand the seemingly utter lack of interest of many pax, in viewing the real world occasionally. It still continues to fascinate me, hence why I'm daft enough to pay for a window seat, but perhaps those days are coming to an end.

I predict we'll all be flying in a windowless tube soon.

Anyway,iIt's a damn shame they don't use the A350, as I would definitely use Virgin for my trips to JNB.

Last edited by Helol; 18th Feb 2024 at 06:49.