PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonza has its AOC
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2024, 19:36
framer

Received 494 Likes on 132 Posts
Do we stand with Shonza when they do PIA because they want mainline rates!
I doubt they will but if they did I would support them 100% because it’s the best I can do for the future of pilot conditions Australia wide.
If we want the conditions of Australian pilots to improve at all levels, then we support all of the different pilot groups. In the USA pilot groups regularly compare themselves to the pilots of other companies and claim for similar conditions. Why wouldn’t you? If the staff at Coles demanded the same as the staff at Woolworths it wouldn’t seem unreasonable.
The Airlines need to factor in the increasing retirement rate over the next decade ( up 12%) and how that will effect the recruitment and upgrade requirements even without any industry expansion. If a company like Bonza did recognise this change and decided to create stability within its workforce then paying its pilots well might not be the worst long term strategy. I doubt they do prioritise anything beyond 12 months but still, becoming an employer of choice would have its benefits.
The short answer to the hypothetical is yes ( if you want better conditions for yourself).
The following 6 users liked this post by framer: