View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2024, 15:29
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 123 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by langleybaston
jolihokistix
There is an assumption that all/most/many old folk are reactionary and not QUOTE. able to accept and include anyone on their own merits.
This is not as I see myself and my generation born and living in England [I say England because English is how I see myself and family, certainly back to 1700 on both sides].
Thus:
The attitude might be described as: regarding foreigners ariving: you were welcome if you behaved yourselves according to our ancient laws, ethics and customs, did not sponge off our taxes, and if you did not regard it as home, you went home. Otherwise, please live among us, not in ghettoes. Please note that we are now full up, standing room only, with our infrastructure already inadequate.
Regarding many of the nearly 10 million people living here, all colours and creeds, but voluntarily not in work even though most are able to do something, I don't blame you because successive governments have made it a sensible decision. But don't expect to live as well as those busy grafting, or on a grafters pension.
Regarding homosexuality: please get on with it quietly ....... we know it happens but a lot of us find the idea repugnant. And don't recruit the under-age.
Regarding woke: yes we get the idea, it rights many wrongs, but most of us know how to behave, we were brought up properly, with good manners, opened doors for people, gave up seats, did not put shoes on chairs, said please and thank you.
Regarding public places of ease, we prefer to retain two or three distinct categories: Women, men, and specials such as baby change and disabled. Any thought of mixed [in either sense] makes us, male and femaile, cringe.
Finally, whilst ackowledging that minorities must be respected and reasonably enabled, they should not expect their wishes to prevail as a matter of right.
Priceless ! ...a good opening line followed thereafter by... a perfect combination of self incriminating hypocrisy.

Not sure what date your calendar shows, but mine ends 2024 which is in the 21st century...in case you were wondering

"Woke" has become the all embracing epithet of choice for those determined to remain in their own Jurassic Park era.

The military are not exempt the influences of societal changes and development.

Last edited by Krystal n chips; 16th Feb 2024 at 16:04.
The following 4 users liked this post by Krystal n chips: