PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL - Cathay Cadet Program vs HKIAA vs Cape Town Flight School
Old 16th Feb 2024, 14:55
mistertoms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trigonometry
Based on what you wrote here, I don't think you really figure out what you want out of Aviation, because if you did, you would have kept trying on Cathay 12 years ago, you would have kept trying on Dragonair as well, you would have gotten some flying hours in between, and you would not have waited for 12 years to start considering about this career. Something must have stopped you and only you know what it is.
Yes, it's called life. Not going to sit around and put all my eggs in one basket. Some of us don't have that luxury and it doesn't mean I want this career any less. It does mean I have bills to pay. Hence why after many years, I've saved up for the option to try this route again.

Originally Posted by trigonometry
The three options you have stated, it's quite easy to choose actually, it is like asking, should I buy a phone with my own money, or, should I sign up a bundle plan with Smartone or CSL or 3 to get a phone. As a 35 year old with substantial work experiences, I trust that you have the ability to see it through.
If you can compare choosing a lifelong career path with buying a phone, then good for you. You must live an extraordinarily fortunate life.
Choosing one of the 3 options i listed is has many more factors to consider. For example, given CX's historical behaviour with withholding SO promotions, and the sheer number of cadets they have recruited since the reopening of the program, is this a position I want to put myself in and commit to for the next 6 years when I'm not so young anymore? However, given the shortage of pilots in Hong Kong, will CX change how they operate and handle cadets in a more favourable way? I am not familiar with the aviation industry, hence why I started a thread, in hopes of getting advice from those with more experience and have a better idea so I could make a more informed decision. So, no, to me this is not the same as choosing a phone.

Your entire response is your opinion and judgement of me as a person, and what you felt like I should have done without understanding any of my background. Nothing about what you wrote helps me make a more informed decision and also not productive in any way in answering the topic of this thread. If you have nothing objective to contribute, save your time. There's no internet points to be won here if that's what you're looking for.