PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Eliminate Spyware, Adware, and Random Popups
Old 27th Jan 2004, 20:42
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
errr, don't feel the need to dumb it down for us Richard. We simply don't get the problems you poor wintel users get.

Let's see, Networking, bios, drivers, video drivers, interupts and clashes, viruses, trojans, worms, malware, spyware, CD and DVD ripping and burning, drive configuration and formating, comms set ups, router configuration, wireless networking, firewalls and general security.

That about covers an average week here doesn't it? Try the search facility over, say, the last three years. Ever seen a query from a Mac user?

It just don't happen and around 15% of PPRuNers are Mac users going on our browser used stats

I enjoy the banter with our resident volunteer experts but there is a serious point to our guidance. This forum is viewed by a large number of lurkers suffering the pitfalls of Sir Bill's magnum opus. Tech advice here can get to levels that are simply offputting to the majority of poor souls sniffing for some help. This thread is a perfect case in point.

For those reading and assuming a messianic monotheistic worship of the Mac: The Lloyd's were founding Euro members of the Homebrew club running the Altair and coding by switch position in 1978. I first overclocked and refrigerated in the days of the 486DX and I've built approximately 130 PC's.
I've owned a registered copy of Windows since January 1988 - version two where the windows almost behaved if they overlapped. I still do - XP these days both standard and Tablet.

This forum is actually the sales pitch for the Mac not anything I write. It's the absence of problems from Mac users that tells the real tale for those who want a machine that works and does real work rather become an absorbing and occasionally maddening interest in itself.

Wintel is the greatest work creation project ever created - a cottage industry in every town and hamlet. But it is all a bit silly isn't it if you just want to use the internet, write e-mail, the odd letter and look after your music/photos coz that what's they are really used for in the real world???

So back to the average week here again: Networking, bios, drivers, video drivers, interupts and clashes, viruses, trojans, worms, malware, spyware, CD and DVD ripping and burning, drive confiuration and formatting, comms set ups, router configuration, wireless networking, firewalls and general security. It's just like my admin mailbag - the same problems again and again from the baffled, frustrated and confused. Groundhog Day for Techies should be the name of the forum

Oh, I forgot, you might have to open the case on an iPod to change the battery

Bantering regards,
Rob

Last edited by PPRuNe Towers; 27th Jan 2004 at 22:11.