PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2024, 07:44
Plastic787

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SkyRocket10

Pros- Great network. Large fleet and will see the biggest expansion in future years. It is also rumoured to be dual fleeted with 777-10. Lots of movement and lots of DEPs expected so similar to above.
Funnily enough I was told by a TSC it’s unlikely to be paired with the 787 due to the 777/777-9 both having TAC and the 787 not. Do not underestimate the possibility of yet another standalone fleet either at this stage.

Furthermore there is also talk once again of mixed fleeting the A380 with the A350. For practical purposes it appears this would involve the A380 pilots being rostered to fly both types but not vice versa. I suspect that’s tactical from BA to be able to sort out some of the productivity issues with the A380 pilots and have them fill in on the A350 when it’s slack otherwise.

I don’t want this to come to pass (and don’t think it will anyway - it’s long been looked at but deemed impractical) but I suppose it would alleviate some of the job security concerns that some people have.

Last edited by Plastic787; 15th Feb 2024 at 07:58.